Saturday, February 8, 2014

Decorating for Valentine's Day

You all know how much I love Valentine's Day, so when it comes time for decorating every year I get so excited! Not sure what's gotten into me this year but I'm all about non-traditional V-Day decor. I scoured  the house searching for new ways to decorate, rather than what I've done every other year with all of the red. Don't get me wrong, I still used a lot of red, but it was fun to incorporate other colors like pale pink, gold, and white.
Of course my favorite thing to decorate is the mantel, I did change my mind about a billion times with what to do here but I finally settled on this and I love it. To me it's whimsical and romantic, and MUTED, which is hard to do when I use a lot of red. A couple of weekends ago I found a couple of pieces of scrap wood in our backyard and decided to stain and paint them with little hearts. It ended up being the perfect little rustic touch to my V-Day decor.
Can't go wrong with stringing more paper hearts everywhere. And that cake plate was $2 at Target a couple of weeks after Christmas. Who's to say it can't be used for MORE holidays?? Such a steal.
 And now I leave you with a little tease... We are almost/SO close to being done with our built-in bench project so I will be sharing that as soon as it's done but for now we have the table that goes along with it in place and ready to go, so I had to give it a little V-Day love. I got that adorable place mat at Ikea and I love the perfect touch of pink for Valentine's Day. Stay tuned for the bench reveal!

No comments: