Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Surprise, surprise... another wooden sign.

Who? Us? Painting on wood? Huh?

This past weekend we took a quick overnight trip up north to visit my Papa Ron. While we were up there Joel & I decided to take him down to his basement and go exploring, see if there was any cool stuff we could run away with. It was so fun seeing the unique things he's decided to hang on to all these years, we learned a little more about him and his history. Not to mention we walked away with a few photographic gems of my parents. Anyway while we were down there I scored this piece of scrap wood he had lying around because instantly I knew I wanted to paint something on it. I originally thought I wanted it for the kitchen but couldn't think of any word to use that was too "kitchen-y" or cheesy. I've loved loved LOVED this French proverb "My whole heart for my whole life" for a long time now and never found the right way to use it. I actually considered it for the engraving in Joel's wedding ring but went another direction. Once I decided the sign didn't HAVE to go in the kitchen I knew that this HAD to go on the wood. And so it did!



We replaced the Nan Lawson prints because this spot in our hallway was just too perfect for the shape & size, so those have yet to find a new home. But don't worry they will be back up in no time. For now we're enjoying our new rustic, homemade, AND recycled wood sign. My favorite part about it is it's a little piece of Papa Ron for us to have every day in our home.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

love it!

and please post the photographic gems of your parents!!

:)