Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!



What a great day we had! I wish I could say we were together all day, but Joel did have to be at work all day setting up for the huge 4th of July party at the country club. The day started with a party with his family for his dads birthday, then a 4th of July party with my family, and it ended in each others arms on a blanket in the middle of a golf course watching the fire works that were being launched right in front of our eyes. SO COOL.

I started out my day attempting to make my first multi-colored 3 layer cake! I've made a few 2 layer cakes but boy was I underestimating the difficulty of stepping it up to 3 layers AND multiple colors. Ok it wasn't THAT difficult but it was definitely an all day affair. Here's a little glimpse into the process:




I am thankful for the freedom and opportunity that exists in America! I am also thankful for a hard-working husband who when I see him at 8:30pm after working 12 hours (with more to go) still has a smile on his face with reserved front row seats to a spectacular fireworks show.


No comments: