Friday, December 13, 2013

"Black & Yellow Black & Yellow"

You know, like the song? Well, not quite. But black and gold are definitely the chosen Christmas colors for 2013 around our place. It all started when I spotted this awesome kraft/black wrapping paper and decided to go in that direction for my signature wrapping this year. You know, I have one every year. I bought 4 different types of kraft wrap that each have a different black or white design and decided to pair it with gold glittery ribbon. Meanwhile I was designing our Christmas card and went in the exact same direction, without really even thinking about it. So I guess that's a good indicator of where my creative mind is at these days... all things gold and black apparently.

 My #1 wrapping rule: when a box has a lid- WRAP THE LID. It makes it look like it's in the movies.
 And for our Christmas card this year... drumroll please... MINI CARDS! I was on a mission this year to send out the smallest cards possible. I literally googled "smallest possible size to send through US mail". And while the size of the card itself would have been impossible to mail, I ended up finding the smallest envelopes I could send through the mail and it worked perfectly. John 1:14 is on the back and it says "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." I love that theme of Christmas... Jesus becoming human to live among us. That's love.

No comments: