Thursday, November 7, 2013

Time Up North

A few weekends ago we decided to get out of town and head up north to see some real Fall. Fortunately my grandpa has a beautiful home up there that's ready for us anytime so it's always the perfect excuse to get away. If there's one thing we love it's spending time up north... anywhere north. Whether we're up at camp, visiting old stomping grounds in Flagstaff, at my great grandparents house in Prescott, or up at my grandpa's house we LOVE getting away together and feeling refreshed by the forest. I look forward to MANY years of continuing this with our own family. As much as I love the greater Phoenix area, there's just nothing like heading north for a bit. This was a quick trip and we didn't do much but that's just what we loved about it. During the day we drove around the rim for literally 2 hours just looking at all of the changing colors and chatting. The trees were absolutely beautiful, full of orange and red and yellow and it was so nice just driving aimlessly. It happened to be squirrel season so of course Joel was itching to get one, not going to lie we stopped the truck a few times so he could try. My sisters and I LOVED squirrel hunting when we were kids so this definitely took me back. As much as I wish we lived closer to my Papa Ron I am so thankful he lives where he does and we get the chance to go up and spend time with him in such a beautiful place. I love even more that I married a man who loves my family just as much as I do, and they love him right back just the same. Joel is the grandson my Papa Ron never had and there's no better feeling than marrying someone who makes not only your life but the life of those you love 10x better.

No comments: