Monday, June 24, 2013

Secret Shame

I sort of have this favorite spot in my house. It's not a room or a cozy little nook... it's my party cabinet. Well, ONE of my party cabinets. You see, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I am obsessed, like OBSESSED, with party supplies. Napkins, plates, cupcake liners, skewers, bags, candles... you name it I have an obsession with it. However in my defense I must say that I only purchase said items when on sale or clearance. To me this is brilliant because if you host or entertain a lot then you always have an endless supply for any occasion! Ready to bust out and use at the drop of a hat. This is also brilliant because you're finding certain holiday party supplies on sale after the holidays throughout the year, which means they are usually dirt cheap and then you're prepared for next year. Obviously I'm not the first genius to come up with this system, but I will say it makes hosting and entertaining all the more easier and enjoyable knowing you've got supplies accessible and available.

So what's in this party cabinet you ask? Here's a little peak spotlighting some of the key ingredients to a good party cabinet.
Every pack of decorative napkins I own was on sale... I cannot resist a good patterned napkin.
Straws are a fun party accessory to throw out just for the heck of it. I personally am a huge straw fan, so when straws are offered at a party it makes me so happy, and who doesn't want their guests to be happy??
Another staple, cupcake liners of all different holidays and patterns. You just never know people, you never know.
So there you have it, a little peak into one of my secret obsessions. As I mentioned this is only one of my party cabinets, I also have one full of various entertaining serving ware (pitchers, platters, cake plates, fun serving ware, etc.) and then there's the one filled with all the craft party supplies like banners and mason jars and baskets and such... yeah, I have a problem.

1 comment:

jerschambach said...

waiiitttt whatttt? where the union jack cupcake liners? mmm rude